Shir Shalom’s maintains a public google calendar with three sections (Hebrew School, Services and Events/Programs). You can:
- View the calendar on the website whenever you need to know what’s going on.
- If you have a google account, you can subscribe to the calendar(s) and it will show up on your own google calendar.
How Do I Subscribe to Shir Shalom’s Calendar?
- From a computer, go to www.shirshalomvt.org
- On the homepage, on the bottom right you will see the Events calendar box.
- Click on the words + Google Calendar
- Follow the instructions. If you are already signed in to your google account, you will be automatically subscribed. If you don’t yet have a google account, google will prompt you to create one.*
*Did you know that you don’t have to actually sign up for a gmail account to have a google account? You can create a google account using the email address that you already have and prefer to use. You will still need to create a new password, but you certainly do NOT have to set up a gmail account.
Here’s the general help file: Getting Started with Google Calendars.
Really clever people also figure out how to sync the google calendar back to their native calendar in apple or android phones. But this does involve adding your google own google calendar into your settings. Systems and devices are all slightly different, so here are three links to helpful files with step by step directions:
- for Android: How to Sync Google Calendar with Android Calendar
- for Apple: See Google Calendar events on Apple Calendar
- Google troubleshooting tips to fix syncing problems.
What if I Don’t Want a Google Account?
Alternatively, if you don’t have a google account and don’t want one, you can use these direct links to view the three Shir Shalom calendars:
PROGRAMS & MEETINGS: